[CAUT] VSProfelt vs alcohol/water/softener vs steam

Crane, Alan alan.crane at wichita.edu
Thu Mar 12 08:28:29 PDT 2009

Perhaps we ought also to be concerned with spelling as well here.
Are we actually talking about "silicon" or "silicone" (its my understanding there may be a slight difference between the two).
Just a thought... possibly unimportant on a discussion list which maintains the professional standards we currently enjoy.

Jim Busby wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Should we be concerned with this as far as "posting" the ingredients. I
> mean, I've heard horror stories of silicon and tuning pins. Like maybe
> one drop and the pin turns into a black hole or something...

Regards,

Alan B. Crane, RPT
School of Music
Wichita State University