[CAUT] silicone (was Re: VSProfelt vs alcohol/water/softener vs steam)

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 12 17:19:57 PDT 2009

Silicone contamination' to finishes, from spray furniture products
should not be confused with using a drip needle bottle to treat flange
bushings with Silicone / Naptha etc......The old "Silicone spreads out
..'creeps'  like a pile of B B's',  is an urban legend. Silicone: #1)
displaces moisture#2) Is a lubricant...Both of these properties can be
valuable for treating cloth flange bushings...

Baldwin researched this extensively...

Dan Reed
Dallas, Tx