[CAUT] Bosendorfer action R & R

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Sat Mar 14 03:47:19 PDT 2009

www.mozartpiano./com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fred Sturm
  To: caut University Technicians
  Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 6:08 PM
  Subject: [CAUT] Bosendorfer action R & R

  I got the following from a local colleague. Does anyone have a set of instructions handy that I could forward him? It's obviously a Viennese action.

    Can anyone tell me how to remove and put back the action on a 1850 5'6" Bosendorfer Grand?  When I started to pull the action the back of it dropped down about three inches.  I was unable to get it out so I attempted to put it back.  Now it is partway out and I cannot get it back in.  My customer is very patient, but I fear I am married to the piano until death do us part.  Thanks. John
  Regards,
  Fred Sturm
  University of New Mexico
  fssturm at unm.edu