[CAUT] Piano truck acoustics

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 07:13:51 PDT 2009

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the acoustic qualities of
a piano truck versus having rubber or metal casters.  We have a
Steinway D (on a truck) in our recital hall that sounds big when
you're sitting at it, but doesn't sound as big when you're 30 feet
back, in the audience.  But the Yamaha with big honking metal casters
doesn't sound as big up close, but sounds bigger from the audience.
Thoughts?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks,
Zeno Wood