[CAUT] Polishing Agraffes ... enjoying the discussion!

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Oct 1 01:14:44 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/30/2009 10:23:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

>  Wow, they sure may.
>
> We have a lot of pictures of the  results of using differing tools on the
> inside of the agraffe. The  countersink tool creates a very rough surface
> because of  uncontrollable chatter.

Of what detriment  are chatter marks parallel to the string, in
real world practically  detectable terms?
They are not parallel to the string, they generally cross the string at 90
degrees in multiple lines, some deeper than others, but all creating a
cross  ridge line to the direction of the string. .

If the result produces no detectable penalty, has the sin
occurred?
This is not the battle of good and evil, folks. This is an audible (to me
and others) improvement in tone quality (measurable I am hoping as we
continue to put together the research). I'd recommend we all (you, Ron,  Fred,
Jeff) quit putting up stalking horses until we have data. If the  data are
negative or neutral, then clearly a different conclusion might be  reached. But
part of the data so far is experiential and incontrovertible. That  it is
subjective and not quantifiable yet doesn't obviate it.

Cheers,

Paul

Ron  N