[CAUT] Goldberg Variations report

Donald McKechnie dmckech at ithaca.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:43:40 MDT 2009

Oh, I don't know Fred, I kind of liked the idea of Tuner's
Discretion. :-) Unfortunately it did not work out to my taste. It
would have been nice to try different temperaments and at least listen
to some selected variations to determine the best. I was going from
what the players were telling me. Even they had differing opinions. It
is just so subjective at times! When I get the chance, I will give
Poletti's Werckmeister instructions a look and give it a try. When
they do the Big Bach Bash again next year I hope to spend more time
trying different temperaments.

Thanks!
Don

Donald McKechnie