[CAUT] stripped end block

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Fri Oct 9 11:06:36 MDT 2009

Hi-

I'm trying to decide how easiest to repair, or the proper action to take,
regarding a stripped treble end block screw on a fairly new, small Kawai
grand. This piano is in a home, and naturally we want to keep the nice
factory thumb screw.  I've only recently taken on the piano, but considering
how new it is maybe this is something for the dealer to resolve. ..?  I am
certainly not looking forward to drilling out and installing a plug.  This
doesn't happen very often - would you suggest that the customer should call
the dealer?   I think the piano is less than 3 years old.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson