[CAUT] Newton Hunt's piano bench

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 07:52:17 MDT 2009

These things happen--I've posted whole letters on the other list (nothing juicy, thank God.).

As a piano student, I remember being instructed to rest my left foot back under the bench. I guess I carried that posture to piano tuning, too--really noticing it the time I tuned in a place that was so cluttered, there was a path to the piano and music was piled up under the bench. My left foot kept hitting the pile of music. It was uncomfortable and annoying--especially when I couldn't move the bench to tune the treble.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois