[CAUT] tuning hammer

ari isaac isaac at isaacpiano.com
Wed Oct 21 20:29:08 MDT 2009

Hi.

I tried a Fujan hammer and then I tried Mayer Gluzman's.  I find Mayer's
carbon fiber hammer gives me more control and a better feel of the tuning
pins.  I have far more variety of heads and tips and I fit those to the
individual piano. I can use the Jahn heads (5,7,10,15 degrees) or an
American (Hale) head and tips.  The sections and the two hardwood handles;
one elongated ball shape, the other same diameter as the carbon fiber tube
only longer than the ball shape, give me anything from a really short to a
quite long tuning hammer.  I've been very pleased with it and the tunings
are very stable even on pianos where I was sure they would be wabbly.

Ari Isaac.