[CAUT] Fw: liszt

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Oct 22 12:21:52 MDT 2009

Hi Paul,

These events can be stressful, but make sure you think through all the "what if's". Here's a few that have helped me in similar situations; make sure you have several benches available. Have your stringing kit available and know good methods to stabilize strings (Mannino gives great advice here) , and even better, have an alternate piano in the wings, if possible. Funny, but have voicing tools on hand to at least look like you have strong voodoo <G>, but you may be asked to do some very quick work on a note that "sticks out" for someone. Have your "squeak fixes" handy.  1. Unisons 2. Squeaks 3. Broken strings, 4. Quick voicings and 5. Bench are the only things that I've been pressed to deal with in these high energy situations. You probably have already thought of all these, but that's my short list. Good luck, and don't forget to smile!

Best,
Jim Busby BYU