[CAUT] pin drop

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Oct 28 18:39:11 MDT 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Susan Kline wrote:

> Shall we do a little informal CAUT survey --- how old is
> everybody? Retirements imminent? Plans for how long to keep
> working? (only if you feel like telling us, of course.)

	I'll be 57 shortly. I expect I may retire from the U at about 67
(when my wife will be eligible for medicare). I expect to work the
rest of my life in one area or another. I'd just as soon less and less
of it was tuning, and more and more of it was performing and doing
various more or less scholarly things (writing, teaching, translating
and whatnot). I do enjoy doing full action and piano prep, when the
opportunity arises, so I expect I will continue to take that kind of
work more or less forever, to at least some degree.
	I've been moving in this general direction slowly over the past few
years. Once the kids finished college, my days of averaging four
tunings a day ended. At the moment I try to hold it to a max of three
(not always successfully).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico