[CAUT] FW: Prevent Swine Flu - Good Advice

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Oct 31 13:28:02 MDT 2009

>So, if ginger has antiviral capacity, then might adding fresh ginger
>to soy sauce with wasabe and dipping an hors d'oeuvre of rice and
>seafood be considered a good elixir?

Sounds good to me! YUM. And the marine oils are good for people.

By the way, the wasabi is almost always American horseradish with a
little green coloring in it. Real wasabi is available -- somewhat
similar, but with a more delicate and interesting flavor, and less
"take no prisoners." It's a lot harder to grow than horseradish!

The Japanese condiments may have been invented to help prevent
parasites or bacteria from the raw fish from taking hold.

I recently found some ginger lozenges put out in a little tin by
Newman's Own (found them in the health store.) Strong ginger, very
little sugar, and while it probably isn't as good as having fresh,
they are very convenient and easy to grab during the day. I bought
them for the tin, actually -- good to put teflon powder in, with a
fat rubber band around it to be sure it doesn't come open. The
interior gives a good flat surface to press the teflon powder into a
piece of scrap hammer felt for rubbing into knuckles.

Susan Kline