[CAUT] S&S wippen center pin height

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Sep 1 04:27:46 MDT 2009

It's my understanding these figures precept a given string height from
key bed... that doesnt always work out the way it's <<supposed>> to when
they fit the plate.

Cheers
RicB

    Keith,

    Here's the info I have:

     From the book, "Steinway Regulation" by F. R. Deitz
    Model
    	S-B
    	C-D
     From underside of string to hammer center
    	4.6 cm 	4.9   cm
     From underside of string to wippen center
    	11  cm 	11.3 cm
    Blow
    	47  mm 	47    mm
    Dip
    	9.5 mm 	10    mm
     From keybed to underside of key
    	63   mm 	65    mm

      Alan

        Gentlemen, a while ago I believe there was a disscussion on
        raising the stack on a Steinway. I seem to recall a mention of
        rotating the stack instead of just raising it. We have a D and
        an O that are in need of some adjustment. The shanks arewya too
        high above the rebound felts for even the solution for CAF to be
        effective. The capstans are low. Can the archives be accessed
        now and does anybody remember the thread name?

        Also, if there is a wippen center pin height spec, I would
        appreciate that info.

        Keith Roberts