[CAUT] topstick

Douglas E. Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 18 11:37:35 MDT 2009

Yes, topstick tongue (part 26526) is the "short stick". Ebonized means current production satinized. That's a little glossier than in the 70's and 80's, but definitely satin. You should generally assume that any part listed is one that you'll find in a new Steinway, unless specifically noted otherwise.

Holly Andrew has been most helpful.Email seems to work best:

  <HAndrew at steinway.com>

BTW, I've heard rumors that New York may be adopting the Hamburg (3-level) topstick. We'll see.

Doug

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Bob Hull wrote:

> I need to order a short stick for a Steinway D.   In the parts catalog, I see a topstick tongue.  Is that the same thing as the short stick?
Also, it comes as ebony finished if wanted - I wonder if that will be gloss or satin.   If it's high polish I'll have to rub it out to a satin.  Steinway parts dept. just had an answering machine and they haven't called back.

Bob Hull