[CAUT] Grand Knuckles

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 24 14:17:52 MDT 2009

I have been bolstering knuckles the last couple of years using a fairly thin pigskin leather.  I can cut the strips to the desired width and it alleviates the "hump" caused by using thread.  It is thinner than bushing cloth so it gives me another thickness alternative.  You could use strips of Escaine but the pigskin I am using is a little bit thinner still.  This followed by the suede brush and teflon works wonders.

Norman Cantrell, Registered Piano Technician