[CAUT] Hamilton hammers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Apr 9 21:19:46 MDT 2010

To question myself in this late hour.....how many times can one brighten
up and then calm down a set of hammers?  I've always wondered that, having
done small increments of each, but not drastic.  Can the wool handle many
big ups and downs?

Curious.

Just finished the 3 piano concerto night for the Liszt fest.  Great
evening of excellent musicians.  However, the orchestra could have
refrained from toot tooting, ring ringing, etc while I tried to tune a few
unisons during the first of the two intermissions!  I suppose they'll
never learn, eh?  The music was supurb, however:  Shumann's one and only,
Chopin in Fm, and Liszt's Eb Major by 3 different pianists:
Gila Goldstein, Alexandre Dossin and Arnoldo Cohen (my personal fav of the
3).  Really made the newly rebuilt D sing like never before. No broken
strings, unisons held their ground, and Edward Polochek, the director,
gave me a hug!  Not only that, the audience warmly applauded my tuning on
the second intermission when the musicians idled their hands!!  Im a
satisfied fellow tonight.

Good night all, one more day to go for the fest...working on very little
sleep!!
Paul