[CAUT] using as ETD

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 14:22:27 MDT 2010

Two cases in point for ETD usage...today.

Baldwin spinet, bass/low tenor was half tone+ flat, treble whole tone flat.
6" ruler fit into gap between backposts and block ~2" (separator block tight)

Set the VT to -105c
Pulled the bass to that, tenor +10c, A4 and up +15~20C

The piano is tolerable and will get pulled up when I get bolts to reinforce
the top of the case. We tipped the piano and the bottom was not separated.

'Rebuilt' M, (shutter); ave. -20c. yanked to pitch with slight
overpull because it will
migrate sharp this summer. Pointed out short-coming of 'r/r' ...
2K work as soon as I can get to it.

If it weren't for the VT I would not be tuning much at all. It does such a
fantastic job with no effort, except for rock solid pin setting and the always
evolving tweaking of my stretch parameters.

Think push-mower vs power-mower.  Which cuts the grass better...
it all depends on how much effort you physiologically want to put into it.
--

Regards,

Jon Page