[CAUT] using as ETD

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 22:51:19 MDT 2010

Since you tune aurally and are making adjustments through the break to find
the best compromise I wouldn't expect that you'd have complaints there.  I
wasn't necessarily referring to the bass tenor break in that sentence anyway
and was referring to problems with pure machine tuning.  The tuning of
octaves by machine can sometimes drift off in a various places (near the
struts as well as the bass tenor break seem to be the most likely places as
well as the low and high extremes) and will need to be corrected or at least
monitored for continuity.  I find customers are sensitive to unisons first
and then octaves, rarely other intervals including temperament.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com