[CAUT] soundboard "stress test"

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Sun Apr 18 04:22:52 MDT 2010

Greg,

What you say about steam being the possible cause of the extensive
bubbling on top makes perfect sense; I too had wondered why the top
looks so different from the bottom - although there is some slight
bubbling of the underside finish underneath all the soot (see below))
and quite extensive bubbling of the paint on certain parts of the
struts.

Thank you for this information regarding specific temperatures
related to damage; wow, those are really high temperatures! Perhaps
we shouldn't in fact replace this board, but rather retain it - just
sand and revarnish. One does get the impression that it must have
been an event of quite short duration. I just wasn't sure what kind
of damage a high but temporary might cause. Your numbers are
reassuring, actually.

Best regards,

Allen