[CAUT] soundboard "stress test"

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Apr 20 17:12:36 MDT 2010

Allen Wright wrote:
> this makes perfect sense, Ron. And I suppose the only way to determine
> the integrity of the glue joints on the board and ribs would be to
> subject them to the test of time?

I sure don't know any short term tests, unless trying to break
them counts. And if you try, and can, can you also in a
non-suspect piano? It gets to be an expensive calibration
process, and you still end up guessing. The most rational
thing is to let the piano's owner, and presumably the one who
bought the insurance, decide.

Ron N