[CAUT] temperament

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Thu Apr 22 12:42:29 MDT 2010

Right, but is there a published study, giving data? The underlying issue is
that just because most pianists today aren't sensitive to slight
differences, we can't assume that this was true of harpsichordists and
fortepianists. This bears on the definition of ET: We might be more tolerant
of deviance than they were, and more apt to accept variation under the
umbrella of ET.  Just a thought.
Laurence