[CAUT] ET or UET

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:20:10 MDT 2010

Fred Sturm quoted me:
On Apr 30, 2010, at 7:02 AM, Ron Koval wrote:
> What's been missing for some time is a resource to
> be able to hear the difference between tunings - either for
> performers or techs.

Hi Ron,
 The resource you describe is an interesting one. It would be much
more valuable if there were, say, an ET file paired with each EBVT
file. Which, of course, is a lot of work - re-tune the piano at the
minimum. And we have the same caveats about whether the tuning is
solid, unisons are good, conditions when the piano was tuned got in
the way of the tuning, etc.

Near the end of the long thread the author(grandpianoman) is beginning to
do just that.  Same piano/same player action but different tunings.

I think the last one was RCT/onlypure/EBVT III

He's using box.net - I may contact him to try and come up with an easier
cross reference.  The ET tunings are from about a year ago that he had
saved from a previous comparison.

Won't be at Vegas this year :-( sounds like a good temperament comparison - Too bad I'll be missing it!

Ron Koval
chicagoland