[CAUT] F..riction (rep spring)

David Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Wed Dec 1 12:06:23 MST 2010

Thanks Don,

I think I speak for a multitude when I say it would be nice not to
have to repin every set of reps we get!  Do/can manufacturers
actually know/publish the hammer weight limits associated with their
spring size/design...!??   I ran into this problem early in the game
while going down the super light hammer road...  didn't figure out
the reason until years later.... like last year... when I tried
regulating a rep with a very heavy spring material made in a rather
large country to the west of Japan.   Adding two grams to the medium
hammer weight solved the problem... also replacing with a much
lighter spring wire worked.

regards,

David S