[CAUT] strange rib damage

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Dec 9 14:33:56 MST 2010

On 12/9/2010 2:28 PM, Jim Busby wrote:
> I'm thinking around 600 to 1000.

That's about the right range total, depending on the bearing schedule.
The top section will typically have some over 300 lbs itself, since the
bearing angles in Ds tend to be big up there.

>Nevertheless, my thought is that
> Kent's damage was caused either by a flaw in the wood, or a
> catastrophic event, like a big hit or kick.

I think so. It wasn't from someone's weight while notching, unless the
guy was a producer of ivory, or had hooves. If he was, or did, he'd have
been cycled into production as keytops or glue before he could have done
much heavy damage in the belly department.

Ron N