[CAUT] What do pianists feel epilogue-- was: F..riction

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 22:26:11 MST 2010

Isn't that how it was assembled in the first place?

In a message dated 12/16/2010 9:48:22 P.M. Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

Well  apropos to this discussion I was handed an action of an unnamed major
European  manufacturer that the pianist was not happy with in terms of how
even it  felt.  My survey revealed a SW curve that looked more like the
stock  market trending over the past couple of decades, the FW pattern was
equally  random both in terms of number and placement for and aft, flange pinning
 ranged from 1 swing to an infinite number of swings, the action also had a
 natural ratio of around 5.7 and a sharp ratio of around 6.5 (some
variation  from end to end)  and just to complicate things slightly wippen assist
springs that stopped at note 61 with fairly random tensions set.   I  love an
intellectual challenge.  So I took the action apart and put it in  a large
box, shook it up and put all the parts back wherever they happened to  fall.
 My hypothesis is that they won’t be able to tell the  difference.   What
do you think?

David  Love
www.davidlovepianos.com