[CAUT] Mitutoyo gauge

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Dec 21 17:02:52 MST 2010

On 12/21/2010 4:16 PM, Edward Sambell wrote:
> I have used the same Mitutoyo gauge for years, and find it
> indispensable. A Durometer measures hardness, comparable toRockwell
> testing for metals. Very expensive, unfortunately.
>
> Ted Sambell

Hi Ted,
It depends. You don't need a super precision lab quality machine to
grade felt. A tire durometer, from a racing supply house, is a Shore A
scale and cost about $60 USD. Since we don't order anything by durometer
numbers, we're just taking comparative readings and that's a good enough
tool for our purposes.
Ron N