[CAUT] damper touch weight - head-weight preference?

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 23 11:07:41 MST 2010

Ted-
F2 on the D is a special case. The damper guide rail hole is at a nodal point of the string. Because of this it allows more lateral rotating movement of the damper head. (Detune one of the unisons, and damping is improved.) Your result supports Ron's claim that a weighted damper head improves lateral damping.
Ed S.