[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Jan 4 10:47:14 MST 2010

>which
>emphasized the notion of caut as doing physical maintenance work,

What we do is a strange hybrid of physical and mental work, with
a strong component of enlightened interaction with musical
people: faculty, students, and visiting artists. None of
this is true of someone who fixes the lights or the photocopier.

We're not white collar, but we're not blue collar, either.
Maybe we wear blue-and-white striped collars, tasteful
little pin stripes, perhaps, suitable for edumacated types.

Susan Kline
OSU, Newport Arts Center