[CAUT] Pianoforte pitch

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Jan 23 20:04:21 MST 2010

Our opera department is in rehearsal for performance of a Mozart opera in a couple of weeks and they wanted to use the Fortepiano for the recitatives but with the orchestra at 440 and the fortepiano at 430 it just couldn't work.  They've decided to use harpsichord instead.  That disparate pitch thing is at least inconvenient!

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu