[CAUT] liszt temp

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 24 15:16:17 MST 2010

While I don't know Liszt's music well, it doesn't strike me as the sort of music that would display temperament colors particularly well. He is especially interested in big sonorities that tend to overwhelm subtle colorations in close mid-range intervals. I'm sure he heard many kinds of tunings in his travels and long life, including lots of ET and reasonably close attempts at ET. Perhaps someone who knows his music well can correct my opinion.

Ed Sutton