[CAUT] hammer clamp

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Jun 5 20:58:20 MDT 2010

On Jun 5, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> The resolution on the last photo wasn't good enough on the clamp jig
> that holds the individual hammer to be needled. Here is a better
> resolution of just that piece. I think it is two pieces of aluminum
> angle screwed to the wood, spaced appropriately.

	To be a bit clearer about the use of the jigs in the photos I posted,
the idea is that the action is on the bench (stack on keyframe), and
you can stand over it, pressing down onto the hammers with some force.
So it isn't quite having all the hammers in a clamp, but it is similar
in concept, once they have been hung. The ergonomics allow you to
press with your body's weight, rather than push or pull with the
forearm's strength. It works. The "hammer clamp" takes a little
getting used to, but puts less pressure on the fingers to steady the
hammer. A good idea that I will try to adapt and duplicate.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm