[CAUT] Router Tables

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jun 6 22:26:17 MDT 2010

Keith Roberts wrote:
> The plans I saw for a router table required you have a router table to
> build it. The guy recommended you start with cheap benchtop one and
> build as you saw fit.

I expect it could be built without an existing router table,
but even so - cobbling something together that even just
barely did the job of building the better tool is how
precision tools came about. Just don't do what I do, which is
cobbling something together that works well enough to use
without building the better one. You can end up with a lot of
ugly tools that way.

I use my table saw extension, modified as necessary. It does
what I need, so far, and didn't generate another bulky tool to
find a place for in the shop. I've been out of places for some
time.

Ron N