[CAUT] Hammers

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Jun 25 02:04:11 MDT 2010

Hi Alan

Since this is at least as much (if not more) a Fandrich "D" after
receiving an board / design from him, why not go with his advice ?

I'd say tho that you should be able to get all the hammers below to work
nicely enough.... tho perhaps the two Ronsens, from what I keep hearing
about them would be easiest to work with.

Cheers
RicB

    Hi Folks,

    I am considering options for hammers on a S&S D. I want a softer
    hammer with some heft. Right now the piano has Ronsen Bacons and a
    Del Fandrich board. Right now there's just not enough "boom" at the
    point of attack but otherwise nice color and projection and decent
    sustain. I'm looking at these hammers:

    NY S&S
    Pianotek Abel Select
    Wally's Abel Naturals
    Ronsen Wurzen
    Ronsen Weickert

    I have experience with S&S, Wurzen and Abel Select, but not the
    others. Which would you choose, and why?

    Thanks again for your thoughts.

    Yeah, Jim I know you like the new Renner Weikert Blue Points, but I
    never have liked working with Renner Blues so I didn't include the
    Blue Points on my list to consider. You can try to convince me
    though!   ;-)

    Alan

    -- Alan McCoy, RPT