[CAUT] [pianotech] Dampp chasers

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Mon May 3 08:11:32 MDT 2010

I have avoided installing more of these in practice pianos also for exactly
the same reasons.  I have installed several in faculty studios though and
have been trying to train those faculty into watching and keeping them
filled, with mixed results. No big surprise that the piano faculty do a much
better job at that. We are still working on a solution for the few who just
let it go.  Even a note from the Chair on the subject made little
difference.  Previously when we had practice rooms in a remote building
across campus, the custodian actually offered to help me keep up with those
and that was great.

Good luck,

Dennis Johnson