[CAUT] upright piano twin dolly casters/Disklavier

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue May 4 06:57:17 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I need to buy a good caster system for one of our Disklaviers. Some
students tried to move it around a couple months ago and the two back
casters completely buckled and broke off.  I see in Schaff as well a
Jansen some twin dolly casters systems that would work. (the ones with 5"
wheels).  They look identical but the Jansen one is over $100 more.  Is
there a difference in quality?

Have any of you used either one or is there a better upright piano truck
out there I don't know about?  Also  Is it necessary to use a tilter to
install it? This piano is constantly pushed around from classroom to
classroom and crosses low threashholds in the doorways.

Thanks
Paul