[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu May 6 12:17:23 MDT 2010

On May 6, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> What type of piano is this you're working on?

Mostly a Steinway D, but I have noticed it on other instruments. I
have been playing a piece that uses a lot of u c and damper pedal, and
calls for light clearing of the pedal in lots of places, so it has
become personal (it's getting in my way as a performer). But it's
something I hear in the audience often enough as well, and that other
people notice as well. I hadn't tied it so specifically to u c until
recently, when I started obsessing about it.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm