[CAUT] Preaching to the choir; was University of Idaho Piano Tech Vacancy

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sat May 8 19:38:14 MDT 2010

Wim,

Just to be clear (I made the point in my post a moment ago).....The universities aren't getting the message.  They don't get it because the PTG isn't willing to spend any money on this.

The PTG isn't interested in spending money to educate university administration.  CAUTs should be willing to augment their dues in order to support the concerns Jeff has raised, and only AFTER a CAUT Endorsement is passed showing we actually care about having RPTs properly trained for basic university piano service.

Regards,

Bill

Bill

Referring to my other post, how much money are we talking about to send this information to 6-10 schools a year? Can this money either be taken out of the current budget, or would it be possible to ask for a  line item increase in the CAUT budget to cover this expense?

Wim

Just to be clear (I made the point in my post a moment ago).....The universities aren't getting the message.  They don't get it because the PTG isn't willing to spend any money on this.

The PTG isn't interested in spending money to educate university administration.  CAUTs should be willing to augment their dues in order to support the concerns Jeff has raised, and only AFTER a CAUT Endorsement is passed showing we actually care about having RPTs properly trained for basic university piano service.

Regards,

Bill

BIll Shull, RPT, M.Mus.
CAUT Committee Member