[CAUT] Preaching to the choir

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Tue May 11 06:18:44 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/11/10 1:57:33 AM, WOLFLEEL at UCMAIL.UC.EDU writes:

> Jim,
>
>  With all due respect, are you writing this on behalf of the Board, the
> Bylaws Committee, or just voicing your own opinion?

Eric;
 I shill for no one. If I write it it is my thoughts, opinions and/or
questions. You know that and I wonder why you felt it needful to insert such?

 Yes I have seen the cirriculum and am suitably impressed. It is well
thought out and covers needful territory. I can see where following such would be
helpful to CAUT types.

 As I understand the quarterly reports to the Board they were to be touch
points in the development of the CAUT thingee so that Board could offer their
guidance and thoughts as the proposal was being developed/changed...Am I
wrong here?

 As I understand it the only thing submitted to the Board   were done so as
fait acompli.... I don't know this for a fact as I am not privy to CAUT
COM/BOARD communications. If this is so there must have been little chance for
Board to offer guidance.

"For people starting off in institutional work or seeking to advance to
better positions, the incentive to gain the specialized knowledge we can impart
and share in this manner could be invaluable."

 Does this mean that without a CAUT endorsement that the cirriculum will
not be used?

I will write no more on this subject on CAUT at ptg.org...thank you for your
forbearance.
Jim Bryant (FL)