[CAUT] CUAT seminar? was Re: Preaching to the choir

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue May 11 19:56:35 MDT 2010

We had hoped to create a series of four intensive training sessions, separate from any other activity (preferably on site at real live institutions), where the full curriculum would be taught, and that this training would be the basis for the endorsement. A number of technical and other issues arose that made this model unworkable within the context of PTG as a formal credential. (The proposal before council this year bases the credential entirely on a written test, the curriculum and training portion being "separate but connected.") Perhaps we will implement some version of the intensive training anyway, if enough support can be found within the organization - or conceivably outside the the organization. Or perhaps we will simply decide to shut up and go away. Hard to say <G>.

Regards,
Fred Sturm

Has the idea of having a CAUT weekend seminar ever been discussed? (Kinda like regional, but geared totally toward CAUT classes, as mentioned above, taught by CAUT's, for CAUTS)

WIm