[CAUT] Money ( Preaching )

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu May 13 17:27:55 MDT 2010

At least you didn't have any trouble with "Laphroig"

or slurp slurp (related references, I learned)

I'm sure Ed Foote (whose email Peter responded to) got it all....

       Though not a single malt guy myself, I have been known to down a full size Slurpee at times...

      The point was, would our lives as Guild members be more profitable if the Guild spent $100,000 per year on marketing? I think it might.   If so, then let's look at where our money is being spent and begin to re-direct it.  There are quite a few things on the budget that I think should take a lower priority to advertising the value of RPT's.   If the RPT designation was really in the minds of the musical community, and our value increased sufficiently, we wouldn't have to spend so much on training and basically begging the associates to upgrade.  They would find some motivation and do it for the increased profit.
       I have already let it be known in our chapter that I do not refer business to associates when there is an RPT that can do it.  My recommendation is something of value, at least on the local level,  and people don't expect me to refer them to a tech that isn't qualified.  The requirements for RPT are so easy that if a tech hasn't got the chops to pass them, I certainly am not going to let them represent my recommendation. I am a lot more comfortable recommending a RPT and we have some that can use the business. Associates, make the investment in time and energy to uprgrade, it is worth it on the financial basis, alone.
   Lazarus Long said, "Don't appeal to a man's better nature, he may not have one.  Appeal to his self-interest, it gives you more leverage."

Ed Foote RPT