[CAUT] CAUT endorsement

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu May 20 22:30:19 MDT 2010

William Monroe wrote:
>To take that as the PTG endorsing non-S&S practices for S&S pianos is a
> stretch.  The PTG is not the S&S rep, and has no business or need to
> "take a stand" for "the right way" to service S&S pianos.

I've always wondered why so nearly universally, anything we
propose to do with a piano is automatically judged against the
Stein-way. I've heard some pretty darned nice sounding pianos
authored by other manufacturers, lacking the presupposed
genetic superiority, yet performing well above the "standard"
rainbow curve. As long as Steinway is automatically presumed
to be the standard, regardless of whatever random set of
attributes and deficiencies is demonstrably extant in any
individual instrument, all hope of either realistic evaluation
or progress, remains lost. At what point does a trade become a
religion?

Maybe the PTG ought to be dedicating itself daily to endorsing
and marketing what I do, to increase my market and income
potential. Yea, that sounds good.
Ron N