[CAUT] Help in maintaining performance and faculty instruments...

Peter Sumner petersumner at mac.com
Fri May 21 12:56:36 MDT 2010

I am in the early stages of researching a project and would welcome some feedback....

There are a number of questions in mind as to how hard pressed CAUT technicians find the time to keep performance and faculty instruments in good shape...

Primarily though I'm interested in finding out at what point do they (you) decide to seek out another pair of hands.
Budgets being what they are, it seems like many, if not all, are between a rock and a hard place.....perhaps sharing how these things are handled will be of benefit as cash will be hard won in the near term and possibly for longer.

I'm not asking anyone to breach confidences here....but I have only worked in the CAUT field as an independent contractor and know very little about how those in 'employed' situations find kindred spirits and capable help when it can be afforded.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Peter Sumner
Redwood City
California.