[CAUT] Help in maintaining performance and faculty instruments...

Keith Kopp keith_kopp at byu.edu
Mon May 24 08:09:46 MDT 2010

Take a close read of the Guidelines and study carefully the Workload Formulas that Dale has directed you to. Many hours of hard work went into this work. I find them extremely insightful when considering what needs to be done to keep the instruments at a predetermined level and how many hours it will take to do that work.

We are presently applying the CAUT Guidelines Formulas to our database and hope to have it tested soon. I think this is going to help us show our administration that what they perceive as a simple change such as how many hours students have access to concert instruments will impact the quality of care of the entire school of music inventory. We will keep you posted.

Keith and Jim
Brigham Young University