[CAUT] overtones

Daniel Schreffler invader1 at cableone.net
Sun May 30 12:09:49 MDT 2010

Thank you all for the great input. I am one of these old fashon modern guys. I mean to say I am for trying to keep thinks original when poss.If there is a problem with something in the piano that can be corrected, I am in. If in a pinch I'll try anything. Esp when replacing the longest unwound string under the crossover 5 minutes before a concert. Get what I mean? If there is something wrong with this capo bar I would like to do it right as i have time now. School is outr and this is the time.
In regards to the pre hung hammers from the prior message I forgot  We did hang those. I guess I was thinking about the 6 set of pre hung steinways we did before this job. So obviously for the replies I need to do something with this capo bar.I remember Brent Fisher restinging the high treble just to get to the capo bar for better termination. Do I realyy need to do something like this for one overtone. I love the idea to kink the string ,but I hate or don;t like the idea of false beats. The glue or felt seems good but it did not happen with the original hammers.It must be something concerning the hammers.Do you guys agree? What are we doing this for. This is a holliday.I still have a gig to do.Must be nuts.
Keepn it real
Thank you
Dan