[CAUT] restring or just repin

Daniel Schreffler invader1 at cableone.net
Mon May 31 14:43:53 MDT 2010

Hi Greg,
I Know what you mean about it seems fairly new, but The conditions and lights and constant tuning. People leaving the load in door open. It can go from 20 % to 50 % humidity over night and back again. I think you get the picture.I wouldn't mind trying CA glue as a last resort , but I would rather repin.I am using a standard torque wrenck for piano tek. It measures 5lbs-10lbs on the dial.My other Steinway is 90-100lbs.This is the reading when we put the wrench on the pin and go counter clockwise, like tuning down so we know the holding force. I guess my main question is should I restring it even if the strings are OK? I personally think yes but would like some back up on this.
Thanks
Dan