[CAUT] Hammer shank cutting block

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Sep 9 15:19:18 MDT 2010

Sorry Ted, but no photos were attached!

I've also found a Dremmel tool with a cutter works nice and neat as well
with little sanding....and very fast!  I just tried this with my first set
of WNG carbon fiber shanks, and with a few minutes of careful prep (ie
covering the hammers to keep the black dust off) works very well. I'll use
this method again even with wood shanks.  Even a first try took about 15
minutes, and I'm sure it will speed up next time.

Are you still in Banff, Alberta? I still have that hammer-top "squaring
off" sanding jig you gave me some 15 years ago and use it often!  (new
sandpaper replaced, of course! ;>)  )  Thank you so much!

Best,

Paul