[CAUT] WNG parts

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 21:45:15 MDT 2010

Chris, the Mason and Hamlin tension resonator is more likely what you areexperiencing here.  As you know it is installed and tightened before the outerrim is glued on and even at that point there is a noticeable sustain just whacking the center disc. With the plate out and giving the board a thumpit is quite remarkable how the resonater supports soundboard sustain.I know nothing about the possible benefits of these shanks for tone productionbut it could be a case of STI. (shank tonal imprint)