[CAUT] WNG parts

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 11:55:26 MDT 2010

Hi David,
     Your probably the one to answer the deflection and energy transferissues related to all this. So there is really nothing to do with anyvibrational qualities of the parts themselves but is a dramatic increasein energy transfer to the wire. Does this mean that there is a possibleloss of let's say up to twenty percent from wood shanks? Then howdoes this increased stiffness add up with a complete carbon actionincluding the back action and subsequent consequence on amplitude.I can see how the energy transfer could relate to sustain but also brightness?  WNG website asserts much  about action control but I have not read anything about the acoustical  consequences.  There is still the factor of the felt bushing so maybe  we'll see the redemption of the teflon bushing or maybe a new carbon one.  Brent