[CAUT] Anodized Caps after 20 years of use

David Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Fri Sep 10 18:21:14 MDT 2010

Hi folks..

Just came across this shot I took a few months ago of heel cushion
felt from the center section of my Mason & Hamlin which I rebuilt 20
years ago.  At that time I was pioneering the use of hard anodized
capstans.  This piano had one of the first sets of anodized aluminum
capstans.  It astonishing to see how little wear is evident on the
heel cushion felt... they look brand new after 20 years.

http://www.stanwoodpiano.com/capstan-20year.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how much longer key bushings last with
the WNG hard anodized key pins.  Could save a lot of rebushing time
and expense at Colleges and Universities.

David Stanwood