[CAUT] Mystery 'O"

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun Sep 12 16:37:09 MDT 2010

For a brief period, sanity prevailed??

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of James Grebe
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:31 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Mystery 'O"

Hello Caut list.
I have posted these same questions to David Kirkland of Steinway-No reply and to various other members of the Pianotech list never getting an answer so I will try this list.
     I have one client, a church, with a Steinway "O" from 1905 that is a regular "O" except that it does not have the duplex scale.  I have sent some pics to help you get an idea of what I am referring to.  My questions are these.
1.  How long did Steinway do this?
2.  Why did they do this?
3.  Why did they switch back to the duplex scale.
Thanks in advance.
James
James Grebe Est. 1962
Piano Tuner-Technician